CURED & CRAFTED
Prosciutto di Parma Tasting & Craft Beer Pairing
Cured & Crafted is an opportunity to go hog wild with an evening celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma.
The Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma is celebrating 50 years of quality, tradition and taste that has ensured Prosciutto di Parma’s status as the world’s most famous and beloved ham.
On Thursday, February 20th, frolic through the Power Plant, a former chocolate factory in Old City, where eight of our favorite local chefs will each serve a one-off dish featuring Prosciutto di Parma paired with a carefully chosen craft beer:
- Joe Cicala, Le Virtu paired with Peroni Brewery
- Mike Deganis, Osteria paired with Ama (Amarcord) Brewery
- Luke Palladino, Luke Palladino Hospitality Group paired with Flying Fish Brewery
- Mike Santoro, The Mildred paired with Yards Brewery
- Jeremy Nolen, Brauhaus Schmitz paired with Ommegang Brewery
- David Ansill, Bar Ferdinand paired with Stoudt Brewery
- Doug Allen, Lacroix paired with Brooklyn Brewery
- Mike Sultan, Street Food Philly paired with Otter Creek Brewery
*Also enjoy a special Prosciutto di Parma dessert provided by Sweetbox!
ONE chef will be crowned Philly’s King of Parma by an esteemed panel of judges while guests have the chance to win dinner for two at the winning chef’s restaurant by voting over social media. The chef who wins by popular vote will walk away with a leg of Prosciutto di Parma!
Michael Klein – Editor/Producer of Philly.com’s The Insider
Anthony Gargano – Sports Radio host from 94WIP
Danya Henninger, Local Editor, Zagat, Philadelphia
Kevin Giunta – Executive Chef, Di Bruno Bros.
WHY YOU’RE COMING
* Get a REAL Prosciutto di Parma tattoo by local Philadelphia tattoo artist ON SITE and walk away with not only a cool tattoo, but you will also receive a whole leg of Prosciutto di Parma!
* Be part of our VIPP (very important prosciutto person) and enjoy hand-sliced and specially-aged Prosciutto di Parma from one of Di Bruno Bros. master slicers paired with delicious Di Bruno Bros. cheeses. VIPP’s will also leave with swag bag including a copy of the House of Cheese Cookbook.
* Be entered to win dinner for 2 at the winning chef’s restaurant
* Sip unlimited craft brews and a selection of Bluecoat gin and Penn1681 vodka specialty cocktails from two of the city’s hottest mixologists: Jesse Cornell, Sbraga Dining and Resa Mueller, Twenty Manning
*We’ve partnered with Uber to offer all new users a free ride!
*Photo-opps with the world’s most famous ham
*Beers provided by Muller, Inc. Beverages, Music by DJ Emynd, and tattoos created by Adam Pietras from Dakini Tattoo Art Collective
Cured & Crafted – Thursday, February 20, 2014
Power Plant Productions
230 N. 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
6:30 – 9:00 pm
*parking available across from the Power Plant Building for $7